Thursday, February 21, 2008

MS WALK 2008


It's that time of year again!

I remember last year's walk was a 1st for me. I walked the 5 miles with my sweet friend Cortney and I remember the feelings that encompassed my every step. It was so beautiful outside and the crowds of people and teams fighting for their sister or mother or friend was overwhelming. I felt such gratitude for all those who donated in Aaron's behalf, but I also felt empowered for the first time since Aaron was diagnosed. I was doing something. I was fighting back. I was telling this awful disease that it wasn't going to win. I was telling it that it wasn't going to take my husband away from me. And now each year in April I will say it again.

Aaron was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in September 2005 and it's a disease that we must face head on every day. There is no cure and no certainty of what the next day will bring. The MRI's, the daily shots, the days of feeling numb, forgetfulness, and a loss of memories are all a part of our life now. These obstacles make us strong, but are no less difficult to face.

It breaks my heart to see my strong husband battling such a fearsome disease. People are often so surprised when they find out he has it. "He looks so healthy" they often say. I agree. But even the strongest need help from time to time.

The MS Society has been so good to us. They offer our family support in so many ways through classes and education. They even gave us a trip to Hawaii because it was our dream..and we don't know how long Aaron will be able to live those dreams physically. So in truth, all donations do directly help our little family and so many others fighting the same fight.

I guess this is my plea for support. I would love it if you could find it in your heart to donate. I would love it even more if you would walk with me. Most of all, I would love to fight this fight and I know that doing it with the help of others increases our chances of winning.

Click HERE to donate or join The Rowdy Stroudy Team in Washington and/or walk with me! We're going to have a party afterwards and we would love to have you!!

To walk with me in Tacoma, Wa..here is the date:
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Point Defiance Park
8:30 AM Registration & Program
9:30 AM Walk!

To walk with Aaron's Family in Ga..here is the info:
Click HERE to donate and/or join my MIL's team in Columbus.
March 29, 2008
Location: River Walk
Registration for Walk MS begins at 9:00AM -
Walk MS starts at 10:00AM

3 comments:

Hillybug said...

I am trying to decide if I should fly up and walk with you or do the family thing again. How would you feel about a hypothetical weekend visitor?

rowdystroudy said...

You know we would LOVE IT!

Erin said...

Is there any way a company can donate to your team without actually giving you the money? I'd love to submit a pledge in for my company. Email me at work and let me know evomocil@amb.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin