Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh, my favorite waffles, where art thou?

We have an awesome professional waffle maker that Aaron bought me three years ago that I totally love. I don't like eggs or bacon or sausage for breakfast, but hand me a cripsy belgian waffle topped with strawberries and homemade whipped cream, and I am in heaven. We have found that the best mix for the perfect belgian waffles is Krusteaz. Combine the mix with my waffle maker and you have the perfect fit.
However, last year I decided that I really wanted to make them healthier, so I made my family some whole wheat Belgian waffles. Not so good. And then I tried another recipe which was also not so good. And then I found it. And the angels sang. (Sarah--do you remember them?)

The recipe included whole wheat flour, raw sugar etc. Super basic, but healthy as well. AND crispy--which is really really really hard to do using whole wheat flour, even if you have an awesome waffle maker like me. But I can't find the recipe anywhere. I have searched online for HOURS, to no avail. I found it last year on someone's blog--and she was hip and trendy and healthy and I loved her. But she is lost, and therefore my favorite recipe is lost along with her. Oh woe is me!!

Oh, and and Spike ran away. I'm just praying that we can find him.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I have a fabulous recipe for peanut butter whole wheat waffles ... I know it's not what you want, but I'll give you the recipe anyway!

Summer said...

What! Spike!!!! But he's suppose to marry Daisy!!! I was planning a spring wedding for next year. Do you know how hard it is to find teal taffeta today?

Hey! I just realized that we are probably going to see you in about a month and a half!!!!! I am so excited!!! See there are other good reasons for moving to Florida.

Sarah in the Middle said...

Oh, I totally remember the waffles! I hope you find it, somehow. And Spike.

Tara said...

I think it's really funny that you lament about a waffle recipe and Spike is mentioned as a sidenote!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin