Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Letter to Letter



So I just have to say that I love the blog world. I love reading about old friends and new friends and getting ideas and inspiration and learning about life from other's points of view. Sometimes it's an escape. Sometimes I need to take a time-out from blogging because it's an escape. And then other times I am so immensely grateful for the friendships I have formed (and re-formed) because of this glorious internet based world. Friends that I have never met and may never meet in person, but kindred spirits just the same.

I was reading one such blog tonight; a friend whose blog I read especially when I want to be lifted into a dream-like state. Her photography and poetry take my breath away and I am so grateful to have access into her soul. Like a letter.

Blogging is almost like receiving a letter. You know that anticipation when you check the mail? The intense reading.... the nodding in agreement... the understanding and smile on your lips...

I love it.

However, as much as I adore this virtual world, there is something to be said of an actual correspondence. Receiving a real letter in the mail. Feeling the paper between your fingers...rubbing the stamp to see where it is from....

And so, without further adieu, I would like to propose a letter exchange.

Sign up and I will coordinate and give you a name of someone to write. You will be pen-pals, and the only requirement is to send 1 letter a month. You can do more than that if you have a chance, but no less. And it has to be a real letter. Not typed! VERY do-able, even in this fast paced world. We'll do this exchange for 3 months, and see how it goes....

What do you think? Any takers? Shoot me an email with your name and address to carriestroud@gmail.com.

And for some inspiration on HOW to write a letter, you really must read this book!

1 comment:

gkgirl said...

awwwwwwww....
you are sooooo sweet....
:O)
thank you for your kind words,
they mean so very much to me.

and yes,
you can definitely count me
in for your letter exchange...
i will be there with bells on!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin