Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Wedding

 My sis-in-law Carmella wanted a 4th of July wedding since she was getting married on July 2nd, so we gave it to her with an elegant and fun twist!  

4thwedblog7
4thwedblog1
IMG_3110
4thwedblog8
4thwedblog2
IMG_3239
IMG_3127
4thwedblog5
IMG_3088
4thwedblog6
4thwedblog3
IMG_3121
4thwedblog9

*Homemade pinwheels in sand were arranged as the centerpieces in lieu of flowers and I tied the clear canning jars with red and white twine for a fun and classic touch. My mother-in-law made the stunning food table centerpiece of pinwheels in the blue sand.  I also had the groom's mother dash to the store when I found out that gorgeous red geraniums were on sale and I had the pots lining the outside steps.

*We made paper fan-medallions to hang off the house with white paper lanterns.  I absolutely adored them and they looked so great with the pinwheels since we used the same paper. (I actually shipped the paper to GA so family could get a head start on making them before I arrived.  And THAT is how you plan a wedding 3,000 miles away.)

*I ordered the red white and blue striped straws off of etsy and I loved them oh-so-much.

*The paper was not extremely bright and instead had a mix of subdued red, white and blue tones, so I brought some vintage aqua glass jars with me in my suitcase (flown from Seattle to Atlanta) that I think brought it all together (I know...I am a bit crazy for doing that).  But they worked perfect with her teal ribbon on her bouquet so it was worth the weight in luggage.

*The food was very casual with a mix of red and blue fruit paired with white yogurt dip to accentuate the flavors of the Summer season.  Crunchy old-fashioned kettle chips and sandwiches with slices of sweet juicy watermelon were perfect for the warm weather. Yummy Boston Cream Pie played the part of the wedding cake.

*My daughter painted a cute box with the words "let your love sparkle" that stayed center stage on the gift table (she was super happy about that since she wasn't there to attend).

*My sis-in-law Jacie made the sparkler tags/holder that read, "Let the Sparks Fly!" and it was one of my very favorite details.

*Most of the tablecloths were white, but a select few had quilts on the top with baskets to create some vintage flair.  It just so happens that I made the one in the pictures above for my mother-in-law a few years ago (I was super pregnant and crazy because I made one for every in-law family member for Christmas. Who does that? I am nuts.)  We also used vintage-like red and white floral handkerchiefs for under each table centerpiece as well.


 I was a bit daunted with the 4th of July theme--afraid that it might be too casual--but I think it turned out great and I loved every element as it came together.

Horray for Fireworks!



+photos by me and thanks for all who helped!  Namely--my MIL Annette, my niece Sydney and new nephew Conner, my Aunt-in-law Mariwilla, my SIL's McKenna from near and Jacie from afar, friends Candi and Angie for the pinwheels and direction signs, and my bro-in-law Robby for hanging those fans from the roof;) Oh!  And I guess we should thank the happy couple for getting married;) 


Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks absolutely wonderful and fun! Well done! Congrats to Carmella! So happy for her.

Susan Anderson said...

It's so fun to be married on the 4th of July. Every year, the fireworks will be for THE union and THEIR union.

;)

Bridget said...

I love it. Way to go!

Angie said...

Awesome job, I love the colors and all the paper crafts! Of course your pictures are great too! Carmella looks beautiful, so happy for her!

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

The theme was beautiful-casual yet elegant! You should be very proud. I love it all, but the hanging paper medallions really have me thinking-where & how can I use those?

Jennifer Ricker said...

i always in awe and this is no different. carmella looks more beautiful than ever and you did good in getting some pretty awesome girls to help you out - now i know who to call when i need a craft intervention!

Show and Tell w/A.Rush said...

All of the pictures look fantastic! You are so talented!d

Amber J said...

Looks so awesome! I especially love the centerpiece.

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Hello, Carrie! We were trying to find you on Facebook or to send you an email. Because we wanted to let you know that we did a feature on this fabulous 4th of July wedding that you styled, and posted it on our site: http://www.bellenza.com/wedding-ideas/decorate/fab-feature-a-sparkling-july-4th-wedding-by-rowdy-stroudy.html

We're also so thrilled to have found your blog, and will be stopping by often! Cheers!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin