Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Christmas in July



Remember last year around Christmas when I did a guest post over at Sarah's blog for her gift wrap week? Well, it appears that recently my DIY fabric bows have been on all kinds of fun hit lists.  Poppytalk and pinterest to name a few.  I am totally shocked.  Especially because as I sent my guest post pics and instructions to Sarah I was afraid it was the lamest thing ever and told her I could do something else if she needed me to.  Who knew?

Anyway- that and recent events/conversations have made me think of Christmas in July.  Have you ever heard that before?  Growing up in our church there was always a women's activity where a whole Saturday in July was spent making cute holiday decorations and gifts.  I love the idea of not procrastinating, and I am one of those women who crave Christmas music year round.  Is anyone else the same way? 

Makes me wonder if I should hop on the planning bandwagon myself... (The only dilemma is making sure that by December I don't forget where I put the gifts.  Haha!)

5 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

I truly could listen to Christmas music year round. I try to convince Darren to let me set up Christmas decorations and pump up the music once Halloween is over, but so far I have had to stick with Thanksgiving. Maybe this year I'll win :)

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations! Buy your gifts now and it will make your Christmas so much more enjoyable. No joke. I am almost done. I hate shopping in Dec. It seriously takes the joy out of the season fighting all the crowds.

Amy said...

Starting early is a fabulous idea. Those bows are ADORABLE! I could finally outshine my incredible, beautiful gift-wrapping sister. Not that I really need to. :)

Bargain Hoot said...

Those bows are really cute!!
I also love the hanging lightbulbs and 4th themed wedding.... would love to feature it sometime!
xo

Amanda said...

I've started planning for Christmas! There's nothing worse than having to frantically spend money and buy gifts in December. I much prefer to buy them year round. And since I like to make a lot of my gifts, it makes way more sense to start now, rather than the day after Thanksgiving, lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin