Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Wonderland



Today we are having a much anticipated snow storm and I am LOVING it.  In Seattle we don't get a lot of snow--just rain--and although it's only about 30 minutes to the mountains to go play in the white powdery stuff in the winter, nothing beats looking out your window at a Winter Wonderland.

So today, even though I have to work, I  took a break with my family on a trip to walk 2 blocks North to the post office, and then 6 blocks South to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner, and then 8 blocks back to my office for me to work some more while they continue to stay outside and make snow angels.  It doesn't sound like much of a trip--but then you obviously weren't walking with my son who stopped every 2 feet to make and throw a snowball! Patience is a virtue that I am trying to have. I am so happy that they can continue playing outside and sad for myself for being cooped up in an office while my white dream is just a step away and laughter is heard at a distance.  The one thing warming my heart right now is the knowledge that Rowdy's amazing gumbo will be simmering on the stove when I get home.

I love today.

3 comments:

CB said...

I had heard Seattle got hit! Glad you are loving it!

We got hit today with the same storm I think. Finally we got our first snow (our ski resorts have been so worried!) today and it really slammed us.

It is sooooo beautiful though!

Enjoy your Gumbo :-D

likeschocolate said...

Happy Snow Day !!!!!!

Susan Anderson said...

My son makes some amazing gumbo, too. And I'll bet it tastes even better in the snow!

=)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin