(on the subway to Sha Tin)
1. Traveling sucks. Between 2 flights and layovers and transport to and from the airport it took me 22 hours to get home. So gross.
2. We are WAY behind in technology. I felt like I stepped into some futuristic movie with all the scan cards to get you everywhere. Scan the card for the bus, the subway, the whatever. I felt like all that was missing was an eye scan-which just might be in the works considering they seem to be on top of things.
3. When you make spaghetti and meatballs realize that it will taste gross. For some reason, cooking Italian food does not translate well in Asia--even if it's a tried and true recipe you make in the States. Ingredients? Air humidity? Who knows.
4. Skype is the best thing ever so that you can see your family. Especially when they are completely passed out with ear infections, a virus, and bronchitis and crap--you can't do a thing about it. So just smile and wave at the computer screen at 2am since it's a different day and an earlier hour for them.
5. The jet lag. Oh the jet lag. Just remember that there are thousands who have walked--er--flown before you. And don't EVER eat the airplane food.
6. It's really nice to see your best friend.
That about sums it up! Pictures will come shortly...