Friday, October 19, 2012

When was the last time you did something for yourself?

(print found here)


I think it is so much easier for me to "take care of myself" than it used to be because my kids are older, but I still feel a tad bit of guilt whenever I do something for ME.  Getting a pedicure is a good example for me--I feel like spending $20 on my feet is over-indulgence when I could use that to get something else for my family.  Getting my hair done, getting that lipstick I have wanted, taking a relaxing bath, watching a movie that I love...these are all things in my own life that often take the back burner.  And it's not right.  

My friend always said regarding her relationship with her husband that she was a wife before she was a mother so her husband always comes first.  I want to add to that...that YOU are first.  That is no way means selfishness.  That in no way means that you should neglect those close to you in order to do something you want.  But there is a balance, and if you feed yourself first, you will have the momentum to be a better wife, a better mother, and a better woman. 

So I encourage you to do something for yourself this weekend.  Pick up that book you have wanted to read forever, get that dang pedicure, or buy that lipstick.  We are worth it, and our families need to see that we feel that way about ourselves.

I'd love to hear what you have done or will do!

 Love Yourself.  Treat Yourself Kindly.  You Are So Worth It.  

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin