Sunday, June 24, 2007

Really great things:

1) The Grocery Game! You can save TONS of money. This is more than clipping coupons. Each week you are given a list of the store in your area of their stuff that's on sale, then you get the manufacturers coupons in the Sunday paper, then there are other online coupons that you print out etc. Apparently, stores will take coupons and LOTS of coupons on the same item. (it's a lot less complicated than I make it sound)
I was worried that every item that is on sale is stuff that I wouldn't buy because I normally don't use coupons for that reason. However, this also shows you a list of other products like toilet paper and shampoo; meat; condiments etc that you can stock up on.
You get 4 weeks for $1, and then it's $10 every 8 weeks which is WELL worth what you save.
I like ANYTHING that simplifies grocery shopping and saves me money at the same time!

thegrocerygame.com

2) Peanut Butter Balls. Here's the recipe from my friend Sarah:
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup smart balance
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut (you can use sweetened..this just cuts down the sugar content)
1 cup raisins
3 cups of quick oats
-melt the first 3 ingredients together and then add the rest. Cool in the fridge, and then form into 1 inch balls and freeze on a pan to keep their shape. We keep them in the freezer and they are perfect for any time of day. Super nutritious and I just love feeding them to my kids.

3) FamilyFun.com. It's flipp'n fantastic. Super easy and cheap activities, crafts, and ideas for any time of the year.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha! You said "flippin'" I love it! :)

Cortney said...

I'm not sure I understand how the coupon thing works, but I'm going to check it out... :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin