Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Brianna!

Since we are going to Hawaii in December, we opted to not have a big birthday party for Brianna this year. This was REALLY HARD for me to do--or not do--or whatever since I am a throw-a-party-crazy-lady! BUT, atleast we had a cake! This is an Ariel barbie doll, tail intact, stuck into a cake made with a 9 inch glass bowl and (2) 9 inch round cake pans. Thank heavens it turned out. I had no idea what I was doing, but it made Brianna happy so that is all that counts:)
Show that toothless smile baby!


3 comments:

Mary Seals said...

Holy Frosting. I have a friend who did the barbie (or as Vivian says; "Garbie"!) in the cake thing and during the "Happy Birthday" song apparently she caught on fire and quite a fiasco ensued as you can imagine. Glad to know Ariel didn't have to visit the burn unit.

Erin said...

They grow up entirely too quickly! I remember when I was holding her when she little enough to still fit in anyone's arms. She is stunning, no doubt, I mean look at her parents :) I hope you and Aaron are doing well.

Rachel said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted photos of this; now I can show Robert what I was talking about in the craft store today when we walked down the cake decorating aisle and there was a lovely selection of just the top halves of naked Barbies. It looks fabulous, but I still shudder to think a cake like this might be in my future!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin