Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh-NaturAl

I was watching a commercial today that was ooh-ing and ahh-ing over clorox anywhere spray. Mom's sprayed it on the kids toys, the garbage can, door handles etc. It's supposed to be a competely sanitary and safe spray..but I just had to wonder....because I have hard time believing that anything mass produced by clorox could be completely safe without any harmful chemicals. So I checked out the ingredients on the bottle and gave myself a pat on the back for being right.
Instead----I have found that making my own cleaner is the way to go! Cheaper too! Just put these recipes in a spray bottle and not only do you have incredibly good cleaners, but they are environmentally AND kid safe. Really. Truly. The first time I cleaned my sliding glass door with the glass stuff--I did a double take because I thought it was open. Crystal clear I tell you. Gorgeously sparkly clean for 1 minute before Kai got his grubby hands all over it..but that's another story all together.

Here are some awesome Homemade Cleaner Recipes from the Old Red Barn Co:

Glass Cleaner
2 parts vinegar to 1 part distilled water. Sometimes I add some antiseptic essential oil such as lemon, lavender or tea tree. Three or four drops works great.

All Purpose Cleaner
2 teaspoons Borax
20 oz of distilled water
10 oz vinegar
2 drops of your favorite dish soap
A few drops of essential oils if you wish

Scrubby stuff
A box of Borax
A box of baking soda
A few drops of essential oil like lemon and rosemary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are very helpful! Thanks for posting them!

Bethanne said...

Cool! I'm glad that you know about this kind of stuff because I really don't! I'm going to HAVE to try them...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin