Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Caramel Heaven

( here they are all packaged and pretty)

The first batch did not turn out that great. They were yummy--but too hard. So with the next batch I just took it off the heat a minute earlier and perfect. Soooo good. And pretty too! I didn't have a candy thermometer so I eye-balled it, but if you have never cooked candy before don't do it that way or you will be dissappointed. You can buy a candy thermometer at Wal-mart for pretty cheap. Just don't put it in the dishwasher like I did or you won't have one anymore:)

I got the recipe here

Yay for John and Angie who say CARE-A-MEL the right way! All the rest of you...you're so silly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still don't buy it. It will forever be CARMEL! Forget that other useless "a". :) Now I want some....

Mo said...

I have a candy thermometer that refuses to read past 200 no matter how hot anything gets. I have to eyeball everything, too. And I actually find myself interchanging the way I say caramel, but Devan says they are camels. And thanks for the photo!! I love it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin