Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter and oatmeal cookies




My post last March listed some fun Easter traditions that we like to do.

I'm loving Martha's cute kid's crafts and these egg dying ideas. I love the lace one.

I also remember making a string egg using liquid fabric stiffener, a balloon and colored twine when I was in 4th grade. I remember it so vividly that I MUST make another one with my kiddos. I think we went all cheesy and stuffed fake plastic grass into it after the balloon was popped and it held it's shape. Did I mention that fake plastic grass is of the devil?

Kai refuses to eat anything but peanut butter and milk. Trying to get some fiber in him, I made some oatmeal cookies. Crazy healthy, but definitely not the kind of taste you want to sink your teeth into when you are feeling the need for comfort. Oh well, atleast he's eating it. Which reminds me, check out this new link on my sidebar called nurture baby. Great homemade baby and toddler food!

And guess what I found for 50 cents at a garage sale? THIS BOOK. It's really filled with great healthy recipes and ideas. There's even a section on party food. With wheat germ. Makes me so happy.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin