Tuesday, August 4, 2009

9 years

this is the night I said, "you know you can't get anyone better than me"
and he said, "wow. confidence is sexy."



Nine years ago today I was sealed for time and all eternity to my husband in the Washington DC Temple. If I knew then what I know now...

the heartache, the tears, the pain, the tragedy, the life-altering decisions that unhappily had to be made,

the laughter, the joy, the silliness, the happy tears, the life-altering decisions that were a joy to be made,

i would do it again in a heartbeat.





yucky scanner. what i wouldn't do for digital wedding pictures....


oh ya.. and ones that have a different pose.







oh look! a different pose. how exciting.

i literally spit out my water looking at these. so freak'n hilarious. what do you think? should we go on awkward family photos?

11 comments:

Mo said...

happy anniversary!!

Annette W. said...

Happy anniversary!

I think we all understand the desire for digital pictures! I was married just six years ago, but we didn't have digital either.

Like you, I had wished for more poses...especially semi-close ups, even just torsos, but oh well.

I don't think I realized that you are Jewish. (okay...assuming since you said married in a temple) Are you and your husband both practicing? Just curious...our faiths are similar, yet so different.

Carrie said...

okay --I fixed the temple link to show that I'm Mormon and not Jewish!(nice catch annette!) Although I am a HUGE fan of fiddler on the roof:)

Stephanie Pilling said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sunshine Promises said...

A birthday and an anniversary so close together, eh? "To Life, To Life - L'Chaim!" (speaking of Jewish culture and the beloved "Fiddler").

So glad you have each other through it all.

Love to you both!

Sunshine Promises said...

P.S. I think we've ALL had our coulda-woulda-shoulda moments concerning our wedding choices. Oh to have the choices of today! AND a photographer like you.

My determination? To have my daughters' weddings be the best ever. Really. (that is without becoming a witch)

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary!

Erin said...

OMG! You are such babies and I love the knocked up wedding photo.

Jennifer Ricker said...

i almost just peed on myself about the Jewish comment. That's so funny what we take for granted in our lingo:-) I hate looking @ my wedding pictures - but they were taken digitally...(8 yrs ago) the photog was trying to explain "this cool new technology" to me - i was very skeptical, but the one good thing was that he was able to erase power lines and stuff...i was amazed!!

you both look so sweet:-)

Laura said...

Pretty dress Carrie. Oh, and I'm still laughing at that wedding party dancing down the aisle. It's like a Nora Ephron movie come to life. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I love the knocked up wedding photo comment, I was thinking the same thing! 10 year is coming up, maybe you need to plan some great dress and tux for a redo :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin