Friday, December 25, 2009

A new end. A new beginning.

We had a very Merry Christmas. You? The only downside was that I have been, and AM, very very sick. So sick in fact that I really should not be posting anything right now. I am afraid it has turned into Pneumonia.. but we're hoping sleep will cure my ever-weak coughing hacking chills hot headache feverish body asap.

But back to why I am posting...

This is the first year that I did not send out Christmas cards in oh...forever. By the beginning of the month I had good intentions. By the middle of the month I felt rushed and pressured and worried. By last week I said forget it. The time I have to spend with my family is worth more than taking the time to make and send a card to you. Sorry.. I hope all you lovelies don't take offense:) And isn't it odd... I can already name a dozen amazing women who said the same thing and didn't send one out this year either. It seems that priorities for many of us have shifted this year a bit due to time and focus.

BUT, have no fear. I do have a card to ring in the NEW YEAR. It's a beautiful new year that's a'comin. Don't you think?

I am grateful for the memories of this past year that are now taking a place in my heart.

I am grateful for the possibilities of this new year that are waiting to take their place in there, too.


Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I LOVE IT!

It is a very Swiss thing to hand out New Year's Cards instead of Christmas cards. The Sunday after Christmas at church a lot of people hand deliver New Year's Cards to all the families. It is really cool.

My point is that you are right on track. My New Year's Cards say that we hope you HAD a great Christmas. So much less stress.

I hope you feel better soon. Eucalyptus oil would be a big help on your chest, back and feet. Good Luck!

Melinda said...

I am sorry you are so sick! Beautiful cards -- and really, when you get right down to it and DO prioritize, the most important thing is that you are still remembering the people you care about the most. And they'll SOOOO appreciate that, no matter the "traditional" timing! Get better!

Pasion Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pasion Family said...

I also forgot so much this Christmas. You are strong Carrie- Hang in there! I love your card- Great work as always!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! We hope the year brings health and happiness to your family!o

Blog Widget by LinkWithin