Saturday, January 2, 2010

on to celebrate

Oh I love to celebrate. Guess what we had for New Year's Eve? Just me and my man chill'n on a blanket on the floor.



smoked gouda cheese fondue
garlic crostini
lobster with clarified butter
Cajun shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce
pecan pie
martinelli's
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
so. freak'n. good.


But now it's time to plan for the big sha-bang. 10 years, my lovelies. I can't believe we've been married that long and I can't believe we have NEVER taken a vacation with just ourselves. We didn't really get a honeymoon because we spent our time going from one reception to another across the country. So, now is the time.

I really wanted to throw a huge party. Super big and super fabulous styled by me. But Hubby would rather spend the money on going somewhere, and I admit that a relaxing break rather than a stressful hurrah would be best. Dangit. Wish I could do both.

On to where??

Our first choice is Hawaii. 'Cuz that's just us. However, my brother is getting married there around the same time, so that won't work out very well.

We have thought about Europe, but I won't have that much time off work to make it worth the jet lag adjustment.

Something on the West coast.. beachy...honeymoon resort-ish...culturally stimulating... any ideas?

Perhaps Baja, California? Any thoughts or advice?

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

Go on a cruise! :)

Sunshine Promises said...

You MUST post the gouda fondu recipe. Smoked gouda is one of my favorite cheeses EVER!

As for your 10th (how can it be?), I think wherever you go, you'll be in heaven! We too didn't have a honeymoon and have yet to go on a trip alone together (other than grad school recruiting). Just the thought makes me weak in the knees.

Can't wait to hear about it, girl!

Aimee said...

My vote is still Hawaii. There is no place like it.

Jenna said...

Happy 10th - that is so exciting.

I definitely think Europe needs at least ten days because jet lag is from the devil.

California sounds lovely. Anywhere sunny and with a beach sound great and so romantic.

J-Dub said...

There's a cruise that leaves Long Beach that goes to Catalina, San Diego and Ensenada. You can usually find them pretty cheap.

If you want to do just mexico, I wouldn't bother going to Ensenada. Cabo San Lucas is by far the better choice.

Of course, Orange County is always nice too!

ps this is MO

Ryan said...

My sister Shannon lives in Cali and she spent her ten year reunion on Catalina Island off the coast. I don't know much about it, but you do have her email address... :) Hope you figure out something amazing and congrats!

p.s. when's the big, but not-SO-big move??

ragamuffinbeauties said...

We celebrate our 10 yr 1/15 & haven't done a trip by ourselves either. We actually are doing a cruise leaving on Vday. However, I went to Catlaina in Jr High and it was magical! Happy Anniv!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin