Monday, October 3, 2011

HUG

We got this new dry erase/magnet board and Rowdy has been so excited to put it up as a place to write our goals/lists/motivational quotes, etc.  The first day I noticed that one said, "Hug Carrie 6x a day."  I laughed at it at the time--but holy cow people the guy is serious.  I haven't been hugged this much since college when I told everyone that a person needs 10 hugs a day to function properly.  And so I went around hugging people. 'Cuz that's just what you do in college.

But truly, this simple little goal of his has affected me more than I could have imagined.  It's not that we never hug-- it's simply the deliberate consistency of this intimate moment that is somehow making a huge impact on my day. I'm just plain nicer.  So I decided to do a little research on the subject.

-Here is how a study showed that hug a day could save your life.
-We should all print this out!
-There is a national hug day
-And in case you don't know how, here are the instructions on how to hug;)


And I love this video. Makes me all hug happy.


7 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I was totally like that in college too...10 hug a day person...what happened? Anyway, I think I need to go write something on my dry erase board now....excuse me... :)

Amy said...

I love hugs. That video made me smile.

Montserrat said...

{{{HUGS}}

Wait....do virtual hugs count?

Charlotte said...

As a non-huggy type person, the thought of that many hugs makes me cringe a little bit. I'd be happy with 3-4 a day I think.

Unknown said...

I love this because I love hugs too! Hugs make the world go round... well, they make my world go round :).

Susan Anderson said...

I love that hugs video.

And I love Rowdy's idea!

=)

Amy said...

I love that! Everything about your post, I just love. And the video! I watched it with my kids, and my little girl hugged me through the whole thing. I want to watch it every day with her now, just so I can get a 3 minute hug. Thanks for posting it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin