Thursday, January 5, 2012

*A New Year* guest post by Christina



Bee a Little Better is one of my favorite blogs because of it's lovely uplifting nature.  Christina is full of ways to improve oneself and appreciate the journey along the way. I love her outlook on life and I'm excited that she was willing to share her thoughts on how she hopes to approach this New Year.


picture from our trip to NYC last year, a city filled with possibilities
Happy New Year!  I am a goal-setter/list-maker/dreamer by nature, so a new year ranks right up there with Christmas to me as far as excitement levels go.  The best thing about a new year?  Possibilities!  Although we have infinite opportunities available any day of the year, a fresh calendar and new year seems to signify a blank slate and the true wealth of possibilities that are available.

As I've been thinking about resolutions over the past week or two I've changed my approach for this year.  Usually I'm quick with a to-do list of the things I'm hoping to accomplish that I can check off easily.  Things that are easily measurable are definitely fulfilling and in the past for me have included things like entertain monthly or write letters weekly or exercise 5 times a week.  Although I do think successful goals are most often measurable goals, this year I've been thinking about how I want this year to feel instead of what I'm hoping to accomplish.

I want to feel an increase of love.  I want to feel less frantic.  I want to feel more thoughtful about my choices. The realization that it is possible for me to feel like those things this year makes me giddy at the thought of it! I'm still hammering out how I'm going to achieve these feelings, but I'm really enjoying the process of pondering what I want to become and what I want to feel instead of rattling off a dozen things I hope to do in the new year and calling it a day.

My challenge to you at the start of this year is to take time to really think about what you want to be-how you want to feel at the end of each day-instead of just what you hope to accomplish.  I think the following quote sums it up quite nicely:

Your possibilities are immense.  Trust the Lord to lead you from what you are to what you have the power to become.

4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Great thoughts. It's always good to begin with the end in mind.

I hope you are able to capture those feelings you are aiming for!

=)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Wonderful post,Christina!

CB said...

Beautiful post and really great thoughts. I never thought of goals in terms of how I would like to feel. Nice.

tammy said...

Great post. Exactly what's been on my mind these past couple of years. And although a lot of people like to pick a "word" for the year, I just like to try and "be a little better".

Blog Widget by LinkWithin