Saturday, January 28, 2012

princess & the pea homemade artwork


A good Mom-Daughter craft:

A couple years ago I read Brianna the princess and the pea book and she went nuts over it.  SO we decided to make some artwork on a 16x20 canvas with some paper, paint, and modge podge. I'm not much of an artist when it comes to painting, but it was fun to do with my kiddo regardless of how messy it looks and it's cute hanging up on her wall.

The first thing we did was paint the canvas in a pretty pink and went from light to dark to add some dimension and shadowing.  I know...I know...I lied...I am totally a painter....and we painted some brown bed posts (which probably would have looked less sloppy in paper).


 Then we tore and cut a bunch of scrapbook paper into strips for the bed layers and canopy to place on top of one another--and then put our princess together with a few abstract pieces and shapes using modge podge--then sealed it all with a clear coat.  If you have the scissors that make curvy shapes or scallops or whatever that is the way to go.




Voila!  Just TRY to find that pea now:) 

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Very cool!

Charlotte said...

Turned out great. My girls (and boys, for that matter) would love me to do this sort of thing. But I am inhibited by my lack of creativity.

likeschocolate said...

Super dooper Cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin