Friday, February 17, 2012

prayers answered



I had an experience recently and I decided to share it because I want to remember it in all its horror and all its light. I don't want to forget it and I want my children to be aware of their Mother's weaknesses--as well as her strengths and the tremendous love that I believe God has for each of us.

I was in a recent situation that shook me to the core and put me in a body trembling panic.  It still makes me shudder to think about it.  I didn't know what to do...and I said those exact words over and over and over until finally out of desperation I dropped to the floor on my knees and began to pray.  I stayed on my knees sobbing to God...BEGGING Him to tell me what to do--how to fix the situation right then.  I knew it was a situation that most likely could not be fixed right away but if anyone could tell me how it could be done, it would be God.

I cannot adequately express my thoughts and feelings in that dark moment, but I can say that with humility shown, peace came into my heart.  An idea of how I should proceed came into my thoughts and I then had the impression to read my scriptures. When I randomly opened them to a page my eyes went to a highlighted verse in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 2:24 that said, And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you;  

I immediately knew what I had to do and just like the scripture promises...I was immediately blessed.  

I am so grateful for a loving God that hears and answers prayers. I know that He is aware of me and He knows the pain and fears that I have...and that He is there to comfort me...and bless me with strength to overcome.  I am so so grateful.    

+I don't normally write religious posts.  It's not that I feel insecure about doing so, I just simply think I refer to my beliefs just by being myself.  My religion is intertwined with who I am in every sense--so if you do want to know more about what I believe and what makes this girl drop to her knees in prayer...you can go here.

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I'm glad you were able to find the comfort and peace you needed. Prayer is a wonderful gift to us.

=)

CB said...

I am always amazed at how close The Lord really is and how much he knows us personally.

I am glad you were able to get through.

Stef said...

I am with Cherie. He is closer than you think and his words so accessable. Thanks for sharing...it made my day.

likeschocolate said...

Aren't you so happy that we cn have moments like this!

Penny said...

I've been needing alot of help from my saviour also recently my hubby has a brain tumour- read D & C 6 we've found so MUCH from there
to bring peace into our lives and know that you are loved

Amy said...

Such a beautiful testimony, Carrie. I'm so grateful to have felt the arms of the Savior around me, and to hear stories of the same from my friends.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing that part of your life.

I'm so thankful that you found peace and an answer.

Leenie said...

I'm grateful you shared your testimony! It's always such a joy to be able to feel the spirit through someone else's testimony. I love the tender mercies of the Lord

Blog Widget by LinkWithin