Friday, June 15, 2012

JOY

I am filled with joy.  Absolutely filled with joy!  I spoke with Kai's school yesterday as we discussed the results of his latest IEP.  We went over every category of testing...and he scored ABOVE AVERAGE in every single one.  Five years of hard work has paid off.  The goal for us was to do early intervention to catch him up by Kindergarten.  Considering Kindergarten is over in 3 days--I'm pretty much beyond excited to have reached this goal so timely.  This means that he no longer qualifies for the Special Ed program at school.  
NO LONGER QUALIFIES. 

It's amazing to me how far we have come.  I can't help but remember how hard this road has been to travel.  I am so glad I recorded my thoughts about it here and here.  It just shows how hard work and early intervention contribute to success.  
I'm so happy for my boy. 

Now if I could just get him to stop bugging his sister...

5 comments:

Lisa S said...

Carrie,
I'm so happy for you. The school where I work helps 3,4 & 5 year old children with speech and language delays or disorders. It truly is a joyous day when my boss comes in and tells us that so and so tested out and no longer qualifies for our services. What is even better is when former students come back to visit and the parent reports that they are doing wonderful.

Amy said...

You and Kai and the rest of your family absolutely deserve to hear some good news. News that will positively affect your lives forever!
My brother had a learning disability as a child too but had no problem graduating high school, serving a mission, being a lady-killer ;) and now attending college. He's a smart kid, just had more hoops to jump through.
Way to go, Kai! Way to go Carrie!!!

likeschocolate said...

So happy for and for your guy! Glad all the hard work paid off.

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful news!

=D

Wendy said...

Yippee!!! So happy for your family! The miracle of family is amazing! I hope the joy continues!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin