Sunday, May 25, 2008

We love...

Risotto!!!

I never attempted to make it until now. I guess it was just the time I knew it involved--stirring for 25 minutes is not exactly my idea of fun. It was also soooooo intimidating. I have been known to ruin a few dishes here and there, and risotto was just not one of those that I was willing to risk, considering the time involved. And then Aaron said, "Please make me risotto, Carrie!" -- and after a few "absolutely no-you are crazy-cook it yourself-you are insane to think I would ever make it-stop asking me" days, I ended up with - "okay, do we have all the ingredients?"
And then I made it. And it was fantastic. And it made me feel oh-so-sophisticated to make and eat something so divine, creamy, rich, brilliant, and comforting. And it's even better the next day. And the day after. Make it. It is worth the 25 minute wait:)

Here are our favorite recipes so far:

Risotto with Mushrooms
Risotto with Italian Sausage

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin