Thursday, July 8, 2010

Breakfast Request

Apparently this is the month of my posting about food. Strawberries for this week in particular. Lemons for the week before that. Which would make the past few weeks all about strawberries and lemons and don't worry I'll stop after this one... it's just my life right now, you know? Can you blame me?
We found this note from Brianna one morning and the next thing I knew Rowdy was cooking up a storm. Then he told me that Kai requested waffles, so could I get started on that one? Of course.

_DSC0131

_DSC0135


It is such a good thing that I had this honey strawberry jam-accidentally-turned-syrup because it was seriously divine on these babies.

_DSC0140


Fresh whipped cream and we had some Rainier cherries on the side (as requested)

_DSC0147

These are my famous whole wheat belgium waffles. I'll post the recipe if you really really want me to;)

8 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

That dang cook at my house! What a lazy bum! Maybe if I left orders around...

Too cute! I like your house!

Tara said...

Please post the recipe!!!!!

Melinda said...

Whole wheat belgium? Um -- yeah I want that recipe!!!

Pasion Family said...

Oh.. it looks divine! I want the RECIPE!

Unknown said...

This is making me hungry. YUM!
You are stellar!

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

Okay, I'm giving up on searching and I'm just going to ask: where on earth did you get your cute canning labels? Or did you make them?? I totally have a canning bug, but I don't want to do it this year without adorable labels (I know, priorities, right?).

Carrie said...

Ball has some new "platinum" jars with silver lids and labels. But I also use the Martha Stewart labels found in the scrapbook aisle(the ones on the lemon curd). I really don't like ugly canning labels. They make me sad..considering all the hard work you put on it. It's like slapping newspaper on a perisian silk scarf, no?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin