Thursday, September 30, 2010

Whatever Brownies


Rowdy said my blog must be getting boring to have someone un-follow me and that I should put more recipes on here. 
I was like, "Why?  Isn't that why we have a food blog?" 
He said, "Ya....but you women like recipes and you don't ever update that one." 
And I was like, "Ya...well how come YOU don't update the food blog?" 
And he was like, "Whatever.  You should post more recipes on the main one." 
And I was like, "Whatever. Maybe I will...but not because you said so."
And then we totally made-out because that's what whatever means around here.
TMI?

Here are my brownies.  I love 'em a lot.  Especially since they don't come out of a box and I don't have to lie that they really don't come out of a box. 
What?  You don't lie about that? 
Whatever.

Carrie's Famous Whatever Brownies
(the kind that make you want to show your love)



Ingredients:
1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (La Vencedora is my most fave)
1 cup sugar
1 3 oz package softened cream cheese
1 beaten egg

Directions:

Grease an 8x8 pan and turn the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the chocolate and butter in the micowave in 30 second/stir increments until melted.  Cool and set aside.  Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.  In a mixer beat 2 eggs and 1 tsp of the vanilla.  Gradually add 3/4 cup of the sugar and beat until thick and lemon colored.  Add dry ingredients, mix, and then add the chocolate and mix.  Stop here if you only want chocolate brownies and bake for 30-45 minutes.

To add the cream cheese swirl:  Beat cream cheese and the leftover 1/4 cup sugar, leftover 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1 beaten egg.  Spread on top of the chocolate and swirl into it with knife.  The chocolate mixture is heavier than the cream cheese, so the swirl won't be perfect.  Bake for 35-45 minutes (less time for a chewier brownie).




You can kiss me now.

17 comments:

Jenny P. said...

Unfollowing must be in the air... I posted about my dog dying and two people stopped following. I mean seriously. It wasn't that much of a downer post!

The brownies look awesome. I will make them this very weekend...

Jocelyn Christensen said...

LOL, that was hilarious. And I didn't even get to the recipe part yet, because instantly my husband and I started making out...because our codeword for making out is "brownies". Shh...don't tell anyone that.

Carrie said...

Jocelyn you are too funny! And MommyJ..really? Whatev.

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

I dont know you but I wanted to thank you, I read your post on Mormon Mommys and you put in writing exacltly how I feel!! THANK YOU! I needed to read that!!

Camie Rae said...

Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. You're killing me here. My hubs and I are on a diet and no sweets for two weeks... yum. yum. yum. yum.

Aorry. You didn't see me licking the screen did you?!? Sorry bout that...

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Brownies look delish.
Get a room.
aaaaanndd...
Your pst on MMB was awesome! I was nodding amen through the whole thing. Well said dear lady. as usual.

Darren and Brandi said...

you are hilarious. i love it! :)

Lisa S said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now. so lets just make me the replacement for the person that
un-followed you.

Carrie said...

get a room? gee whiz. We can barely make time for a date! Hense the make-out sessions in between blogging and brownie making.

Hello Lisa! Thanks for taking the place of that silly un-follower. She has absolutely no idea how much cooler you are;)

And sorry about the salivating girls. In more ways than one. *wink*wink*

Tara said...

Yummy I will have to try them!

NatureGirl said...

I have had the unfollow as well. Sheesh! Hunky Hubby has been out of town...I am sooooo making these for his...uh...homecoming.

Pasion Family said...

Your blog is the COOLEST and there are not a lot of people out there like you... I totally follow you :) I am looking forward to making some brownies!

Montserrat said...

Would it be bad to give the recipe to my daughter to make? I won't tell her what it means, obviously, it's just her week to cook. And darn! they look delish.

likeschocolate said...

I have to try these. Any brownie made with cream cheese has to be gooood!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

yum yum yum :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh, no worries. I lost a reader too. And my stats have been slowly dropping, probably because I've had trouble getting around the blogosphere with all our computer problems.

And my blog has been kind of suckish lately.

But I just can't seem to find my blogging mojo!

*sniffle*

Momza said...

looks so yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin