Friday, May 13, 2011

Extreme Journaling



I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea.  Well really, this idea came after I had already woken up to get a glass of water because holy hell it was hot in my room last night.  So, after I had thoroughly drenched my thirst in hydration I thought about Europe.  Then I thought about China.  Then I thought about Minnesota and it occurred to me that I wanted to know more about these places and more about the people there.

Unfortunately though, my life does not allow me to go on a nationwide/world tour in order to truly know and meet and understand each and everyone, so how fun would it be for you to do it for me?  

I'm sending you a journal.  It will probably look more like a scrapbook/journal, but when I send it to you--you must fill up a single page with news on you/your life/your location and paste a picture inside as well.  Then I will have you send it to someone else. And so on and so on. 

How fun would it be to not only contribute...but read about its travels to other hands as well?

Who is with me?  Serious participation only, please!  You will be required to receive/write/mail journal.

Please email me at carriestroud{at}gmail{dot}com by Friday May 20th.

This could be all sorts of crazy fun.

ps. if you are located near me you should still do this!  my plan is to have it bounce back and forth from everywhere anyway.
pps.  new friends are happily welcomed.

10 comments:

J said...

We're going to Italy in October...

heather said...

I LOVE this. Seriously. Can I repost this next week? And I'm in Arizona at the moment, but I'll be back to Colorado sometime in June, Wyoming in July. I could do any of those places.

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

What a cool idea, but I live in boring old Mormon culture central SLC. How unexotic.

Shawnie Cannon said...

That is an awesome idea. Way too much fun. If you're interested in Grants Pass (SW Oregon) then I'm in.

Em @ Inspired Coincidences said...

what a super awesome idea!!! love the creativity!
stopping by from MMB Post of the Week

Katrin said...

I'll join. I live in Vienna.

Lisa Ann said...

this sounds like fun....I live by the beach. I did the ornament exchange last December too.

lisastassforth at sbc global dot net

Valerie said...

Cute idea! And I really hope you get it back. I just sent a package today to my friend's daughter in Georgia. She had me write about and take photos of Utah and tell her all about it. She's never been out here so it's all new to her. I took it a step further though since it was a little girl. I sent her fry sauce and some other Utah stuff. I hope she likes it. :)
I wish I could travel all over too, but I'm so glad I can see photos on the internet from people who are lucky enough to go everywhere I dream of.

Montserrat said...

This is

AWESOME!!!

I would love to join in. I'm guessing there aren't too many farmers on the list....

likeschocolate said...

Count me in! It sounds totally fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin