I wanted to post today about something somber that is near and dear to my heart. And I simply don't have time to.
So! Instead I leave you with the official best post of the week focusing on what just kinda bugs me.
1. Missoni for Target. What's the delio with the Target drama? I heard there were claws and fangs out the moment every Target opened yesterday and I do.not.get.it. It's not that pretty to me. Plus, why would I want to fill up my entire cart with the same fabric/design? Call me crazy, but I don't understand the hoolabaloo. I didn't even know it was the release date and went into a Target yesterday. It was crazy and the place looked slaughtered and I just bought my tape and scissors and left. I'm rebellious like that, you see.
2. The KEEP CALM quotes/prints. Sorry. I'm just not going to keep calm at all when someone is telling me to. Just makes me want to get all spastic and rip open a bag of chips or something.
3. Skinny jeans. I loathe them. And it's not because I just can't wear them on my body type--they are just not flattering to any shape or size. Brianna has a bunch and them because that is just what is available and she just complains that they not comfy anyway. Give me a boot cut, baby.
4. Over-the-top kid parties. Now, I know you are completely shocked to hear this from me, but I have seen a lot of crazy stuff on pinterest lately and I am reminded of that one movie where there was that one line about that one guy not wanting to go to this one kid's 1st birthday party because it had an entire circus and the kid wouldn't even remember it. So, I think I might get some haters for this thought--but I'm gonna lay it on you. And I can say this because ahem...I love throwing parties.
When "I" throw an over-the-top girlfriend bash like I have in the past--it is because I want to give myself and my friends a beautiful break from the mundane. I want to give fun and beauty and celebrate the ordinary and so that is why I put so much work and details into my events. I throw a party that I would want to get invited to to get "away from it all" for a few hours.
However, when "I" throw an over-the-top KID birthday party, I do it to show off. I want other mom's to think I am super creative and to be known as that mom who throws awesome birthday parties. There are definitely exceptions to that rule...and my heart is certainly not in it just for that...but if you seriously want the hardcore truth--there it is. (disclosure...my feelings are certainly not to say that it is the case for everyone and I think there are SO many people who do it ever so clever and wonderfully without that intent at all.) But what's with all the competition, ladies? Do you really think your 2 year old cares whether or not the juice boxes are labeled with their motif that is also on the cracker jack boxes and invites? I'm tell'n ya...dig deeper.
5. Friends who let friends drink Diet Coke. WHY? If you are going to have an awful carbonated beverage that has zero nutritional value, why do you need the nasty aspartame which makes it even worse for you on the pretense that the calories are lower? Take my challenge: Drink 1 Mexican Coke a month (as in...made in Mexico using cane sugar) from a glass bottle that has been chilled in the freezer and then drink water the rest of the time. I promise your sweet sacrifice will be worth it.
PHEW. Glad to get that all off my chest. Talk about blog therapy! Can we still be friends?