Monday, October 17, 2011

Pie Party 2

 I can't think of a better way to bring in the Autumn season than with an afternoon of pastries and friends.  Since I loved my Pie Party last year, it seemed fitting to make it an annual event!

The weather could not have been more beautiful!  Seriously.  If I could pick any day of the year this would have been it.  Sunlight, a soft breeze, jacket-worthy weather that screamed "put a piece of pie in my mouth!"  The location this year was at the Kubota Gardens; an extremely intimate yet popular park and it worked perfectly for the event.

IMG_0077


This year I made the decision to chill out.  I wanted to stress less and enjoy more, and so that meant that my usual "take home" gifts did not happen.  Thankfully, I don't think anyone thought any different (or at least they didn't say so).  In fact, I do believe our full bellies were enough to take home as it is! I actually had to BEG someone to take home my pecan pie.   I'm not even going to go into the rejection that I felt with that one... heehee

MENU

Rootbeer
Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream
A Zillion Pies

IMG_0044


The sit down tables:  I used burlap for the table cloth and filled old glass milk bottles with dahlias and pumpkin stems.  It was nice to reuse a lot of my decor from last year, but add some new elements as well.

IMG_0034

My Pecan Pie. Still baffled at why I had one of these baby's left... ;)

IMG_0024

The BUFFET before everyone and their pies came.

IMG_0015


IMG_0062

IMG_0020

ROOTBEER!
(not to be confused with actual beer;)

IMG_0018

IMG_0060

IMG_0032

IMG_0053


I just HAD to do my pie recipe page banner once again.  It's so easy--tear some pages out of a vintage cookbook and string on twine. It added such a fun whimsy.

IMG_0070

A favorite fact:  Some photographers walking by started taking some photos at a distance (hoping to be incognito) but then asked what was going on.  I kindly offered them some pie and I'm pretty sure those boys will be waiting along the same path this time next year;) 

IMG_0049

Lov'n the sunlight in this photo.  The light was so beautiful!  I just sat in it with my eyes squinting-- soaking up the warmth (so welcomed in rainy Seattle) while I talked with my friends.

IMG_0054

I so enjoyed all the ladies in attendance and the pies that they brought were scrumptious!  And to my dear friends who could not make it, hopefully this post will be enough of a guilt trip;)

As always until next year...
Pie A La More



Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

15 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I want to go back in time, snap my fingers, and be at this party.

=)

Aimee said...

Guilt trip accomplished. So sad to have missed it. I ended up having a full day of clients and couldn't swing it. On my drive home at 4:30 I did think of you guys and how perfect the weather was for this annual party. The pie gods were smiling down on you!

Beautiful set-up. Now I want me some pie!

Sarah said...

Amazing, Carrie! I love everything - the decor, the pies, the park. It's all amazing, and I wish I could have been there!
Miss you :)

Darren and Brandi said...

It was so fun Carrie! Thanks so much for doing it! Hope it happens again next year!

Debby said...

What a fun idea. Yum.

likeschocolate said...

Once again gorgeous Carrie! I think you should go into event planning. You would be amazing at it!

AJ said...

I am thrilled it was such a gorgeous day for you! I really wish I could have been there. Thankfully, I am feeling a little better today. I hope to be invited to the next one. It looks amazing!

Amy said...

Oh I wish I could have been there!!!!
I'm having book club at my house this week and I'm planning on making it a sort-of Halloween mini party. :) I'll take pics and blog it. Hope I make you proud!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Gorgeous, creative, delicious. . . Perfection!

Kimbie said...

you are so inspiring.

Bridget said...

This was truly a beautiful party and I am so happy to have finally met you! I loved the park, too. What a little gem. Thank you!

Stephanie said...

Oh boy...so bummed to have missed this too. Next year! It looks beautiful! Yay for sunny weather in Seattle!

Sarah said...

How fun! I am SO going to do this next year! And your decor is GORGEOUS!! You captured all the best things about fall in your photos!

Unknown said...

what a FUN idea!!! and the day looked perfect for a pie picnic!!!! great photos too :)

Kristina said...

What a wonderful, whimsical idea! How fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin