Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dear Aunt Beverly

email written October 12th, 2002

***

Carrie,

Oh, I have been so depressed and feeling so alone.  And then---and
then!---My friends at work got together and gave me a Make a Wish!

They knew I've always wanted to go to Williamsburg, so they are sending Bill and me for a week!  We will be staying in a resort, in a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchenette and laundry and roll out couch. And Pete agreed to come along!

I am SO Cheered Up!  Just the idea that they would do such a thing.

I'm not even bothering to think about Chemo and other delights.  Wow.

Don't know what to do with all this happiness.  So I thought I'd thrill you with a letter.

Hope you are happy too.

Love,
Aunt Beverly

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

So glad they did that for her. And so glad she was able to receive it with joy, despite her circumstances.

=)

Soma Zaidi Hapa said...

Loved reading thhis thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin