Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple Peeler Corer Slicer


*I am so jolly-excited about the huge response to my ornament exchange.  I have decided that once all have joined by November 1st, I will be making groups.  Those who want to exchange more than one ornament (but no more than twelve in a group), and those who would like to exchange with one.  Just remember to email me your preference when you commit to join (I'll send out an email request for it later, though). 

*My pie party is this weekend!  I am throwing it in between two photo shoots so please send good thoughts my way!  And PLEASE don't rain.  I cannot even handle how cute it is going to be.  I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a thought of how to put together my (2!) favors.  I work every day, so I am not quite sure how I am going to find time to make them, but if there is a will there is a way!

*I've been canning apple pie filling and apple butter in the evenings.  On Monday I started my first batch and began coring and peeling all the apples by hand.  Rowdy came in after school to help and said, "Uhm...why haven't you been using the potato peeler?"  OH MY GOSH.  I peeled all those dang apples with a paring knife.  My hand still hurts;) I decided to chalk it up to appreciating my ancestors.

And yes, I know...we need to invest in one of those apple/peeler/corer/slicer gadgets.  Do you have one that you recommend? 

(darling picture found here)




5 comments:

Jen O said...

My apple corer/peeler/slicer is from Pampered Chef. You can disengage the corer/slicer and just have it peel the apples, which is handy when making applesauce. I didn't want my apples for applesauce sliced so thin, so I used the peeler and then just cut out the core and chopped them into chunks. Quick!

Vanessa said...

I was going to say the same thing,I have a Papered chef one.I got a different one a couple years ago and it broke the first time I was canning. So far so good with this one. And the kids love to help.

CB said...

Pampered Chef is the best! But it looks like others have already recommended it. Have fun!

Lisalulu said...

just found your blog and love it love it love it.. OF COURSE i'm going to follow... I can't wait for the fun adventure to begin

Wendy said...

I can't say anything about the Pampered Chef one. I do love our apple peeler/corer. We use it at times to do curly fries with potatoes. We bought ours in Amish country and well.... it is built to last. If you are going to buy one I recommend the one with a clamp instead of the vacuum suction cup thingie. The suction cup slides around after the juice gets on the table/counter making a terrible mess and a frustrated chef.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin